Steel Making – Electric Arc Furnace, Blast Furnace and Converter
Precise position and rotation speed feedback at the steel making process.
In steel and metal applications, encoders are exposed to shock, vibration and adverse ambient conditions such as dust and extreme temperatures.
Extra installation flexibility provide encoders with mounting base. Particularly in retrofitting or where using extended functionalities at existing measuring spots, these encoders allow for quick integration without much effort. Installation separated from the machine disengages the encoder from any transferred shock and vibration impacts.
The Unrivalled Benchmark
Incremental HeavyDuty encoders
- Blind hollow, cone and solid shaft
- 300 … 10 000 ppr / 720 … 5000 sine periods
- Operating temperature -40 … +100 °C
- Hybrid bearings, corrosion protection CX (C5-M)
- Redundant sensing, twin encoder combination
- EMS function monitoring for maximum system uptime
- ATEX II 3G/3D for use in zones 2/22
- Optional heating for operating temperatures down to -50 °C
- Optional integrated earthing brushes
Machine Vision Test Solution
If this requirement is not met, stable detection cannot be achieved.